A downloadable adventure game
An Expanded edition of DURF is currently in the works. Support me on Patreon to get early access to the latest drafts!
DURF is a rules-light dungeon-fantasy RPG in the vein of games like Knave, Troika! and Into the Odd.
This game uses the OSR elements I personally like (risky combat, simple stats, and prepping before an expedition) but also uses more modern ideas (reduced bookkeeping, quick character generation, a simple advantage system etc.) to make the game easy to pick up and move along smoothly.
Give it a go if that sounds like something that might tickle your barnacle!
Looking for an adventure to start playing?
Check out The Lair of the Gobbler, a low Hit Dice dungeon written for DURF.
DURF is made to be hacked, pulled apart and built on top of. The source text is available for easy editing and the game is licensed under Creative Commons (CC-BY 4.0) so you can share and adapt this material for any purpose, as long as you credit me somewhere. If you do, I'd love to see what you're making! Don't be afraid to shoot me a message on Discord or Twitter!
- Italian by Francesco Catenacci (can be downloaded on this page)
- French by Louis-Philippe Breton (can be downloaded on this page)
- Spanish by Arturo Purroy
- German by Birger Lambrecht
- Portuguese (Brazilian) by Mateus M. D. Souza
- Japanese by nonntann
- Russian by Dmitry Pavlov
- Polish by Bernard Abramowicz
Everything compatible with DURF, both by me and by other amazing people, in one convenient place.
A web version of the rules for easy reference during online play.
Quickly generate a random starting character to start playing.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- DURF Jam 202347 days ago
- Polish translation now available!Jul 24, 2023
- Russian translation now available!May 01, 2023
- Japanese translation is now available!Jan 05, 2023
- Brazilian Portuguese translation now available!Dec 15, 2022
- French translation is now available!Oct 24, 2022
- German translation is now available!Sep 13, 2022
- Spanish translation is now available!Jul 26, 2022